● Teach 5th and 7th grade students in a science curriculum-based program outdoors
● Manage behaviors in full-class as well as smaller groups
● Mealtime duties
● Special projects and light maintenance of the facility
● Set-up and clean-up
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND ANTICIPATED DATES:
Sunship Earth (5th grade) is a residential, overnight program. Staff is required to stay on-site for the full five days/four nights. Programs run Friday through Tuesday. Program site is T.R.E.E.’s Outdoor Classroom in Covington, Louisiana. Seven sessions anticipated between October 2019 and December 2019. Employee is expected to work all programs.
Sunship III (7th grade) is a residential, overnight program as well. Staff is required to stay on-site for the full three day/two nights. Programs conducted at T.R.E.E.’s Outdoor Classroom in Covington, Louisiana. Eight to ten sessions anticipated between January and April 2020. Employee is expected to work all programs.
Training will occur from August 26, 2019 through the end of September. The first week will be paid, overnight, all-staff training. Overnight attendance for this week of training, Mon-Fri. is mandatory for all Earth Educator positions. The rest of the training will be weekdays with no overnights
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Strong commitment to children and learning
● Experience with teaching children
● Able to work in outdoor environments (variety of weather conditions)
● Flexible schedule
● Performance/acting skills a plus
● Must have a car
Program salaries are paid on a per program basis:
Sunship Earth – $850.00 for five day/four night session
Sunship III – $675.00 per three day/two night session
Training days are paid at $75 per day until programs begin.
● The opportunity to teach in an academic and outdoor setting at a 1 to 4 ratio of adults to students
● The chance to learn from and become proficient with an innovative and effective model for teaching and managing students
● Learning the dynamics of community building among staff and participants at program
● Sharing your enjoyment of the out-of-doors with others
● Working with a team of dedicated earth educators
● Interacting with students and adults from diverse backgrounds
● CPR and 1st Aid Training
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT:
Anticipated start date: August 26, 2019
Then send your cover letter and resume to Sue Brown at email@example.com, with subject line Part-time Sunship Position, through July 31. All resumes will be reviewed at that time and personal interviews will be scheduled for mid-August.
T.R.E.E. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in employment or in its programs or activities.