3 Day Educational Program
Join an incredible adventure to unlock the wonders of the natural world. Earthkeepers is a curriculum-based environmental science program in which students learn basic scientific concepts like energy flow, cycles, interrelationships and change. Students also explore the natural world with the goal of using their knowledge and awareness to make personal commitments for environmental change.
- …dig up buried time capsules to reveal the earth’s history
- …visit E. M.’s Lab ( a nature lover’s favorite nook)
- …get caught in the web of life
- …earn real brass keys that unlock the secrets of the Earthkeeper’s program
- Group Size: up to 60 students + 7 adults (teachers and parents from the school)
- Grade: 4th
- Location: Jean Lafitte National Historic Park & Preserve – Barataria
- Length: 3 Days – Day program
- Program: Highly structured educational program to teach Earth processes using FUN activities
- Program Completion: Second half of program takes place back at school or at home
- Cost: contact us for information
- Availability: Offered to New Orleans area students – from October through March
Earthkeepers is a copyrighted program that was developed by The Institute for Earth Education.