T.R.E.E. is now hiring part-time Educators for our 2015-2016 program year. Please read the information below and follow directions outlined in the post below to apply.
PART-TIME EARTH EDUCATOR (DAY PROGRAMS)
- Teach 4th grade students in a science curriculum-based program outdoors
- Manage behaviors in full-class as well as smaller groups
- Mealtime duties
- Special projects and light maintenance of the facility
- Set-up and clean-up
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND ANTICIPATED DATES:
- Programs scheduled during the 2015-2016 school year (anticipate December through March).
- Fourth grade program (EarthkeepersTM) is three days/zero nights at Jean Lafitte National Historic Park and Preserve on the West Bank.
- Approximately 12 sessions anticipated for 2015-2016 school year.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong commitment to children and learning
- Experience with children
- Able to work in outdoor environments (all weather conditions)
- Flexible schedule
- Performance/acting skills a plus
- Must have a car
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
EarthkeepersTM (4th grade program) salary is paid on a per program basis which begins at $75 per day during training and increases to $92 per day ($276 per program).
- The opportunity to teach in an informal setting at a 1 to 7 ratio of adults to kids
- The chance to learn from and become proficient with an innovative and effective model for teaching and managing kids
- Learning the dynamics of community building among staff and participants at programs
- Sharing your enjoyment of the outdoors with others
- Working with a team of dedicated earth educators
- Interacting with students and adults from diverse backgrounds
DATE OF EMPLOYMENT:
Training dates: November 9th – 24th Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Program days change from week to week. Must be available Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Read the documents below then email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com